Volunteers play an important role in the services Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society provide. Volunteer contributions provide an important link between the agency and the community that we serve.
Why Volunteer with HPCAS?
Volunteers at HPCAS make a difference in the lives of children and youth by:
- helping them to stay connected with their families and additional supports
- supporting learning and the development of important academic and life skills
- providing safety and security when in our care
- building positive experiences and demonstrating the act of caring
Follow us on
OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE
Child Care Provider: Provides care to children to allow CAS staff and parents, foster parents, or other guardians the ability to meet for a specific time period.
Driver: Drives clients from one location to another. (CAS reimburses for mileage)
Homework Helper: Provides tutoring or academic support to help a child or youth with homework, school projects, or other small personal projects. (This role is generally involved as a group program).
Special Request: Provides unique support based on a specific need and volunteer skill set.
Volunteer Application Process
If you have questions or are interested in becoming a volunteer with Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at
519-271-5290 / 1-800-668-5094 ext. 2273 or email@example.com
After speaking with our Volunteer Coordinator, the following must be completed:
- HPCAS Volunteer Application Package
- Children Protection Information Network Record Check
- Criminal & Vulnerable Sector’s Police Check
- 3 non-familial Reference checks (at least 2 professional)
- Additional signed agreements of understanding pertaining to the volunteer role
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – online training