Staff of Huron Perth Children’s Aid Society are committed to offering excellent child protection services with a community focus.
They enjoy positive supportive working relationships with other community agencies and neighborhood groups, to provide the best possible services to protect children and support families.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please see the Contact Information tab for application instructions.
The Agency is currently recruiting for the following position:
Director of Services
Reporting to the Executive Director, as a member of the Strategic Planning team, this senior management position is responsible for managing, organizing, resourcing, evaluating, and planning the functions of all aspects of service delivery through an equity focused lens.
The Director of Services is responsible for the overall direction of effective service delivery to include leading Management staff.
- MSW degree, registered with the College of Social Workers, and a minimum 5 years’ related experience in a Child Welfare environment is preferred.
- Effective leadership and ensure that services are provided in an integrated and coordinated manner in accordance with legislative requirements, ministry standards, board policies and the Agency’s system of service practice structure.
- Engaging and motivating so that they are able to lead the service team with the strategic direction of the agency.
- Impeccable judgment. Able to make recommendations and exercise decision-making authority in the areas for which they are responsible.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, service planning, decision-making, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, Signs of Safety framework, process and implementation strategies, to optimize quality and cost-effectiveness for delivery of services.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate/mediate, facilitate and present information to a varied audience and to collaborate with agency stakeholders.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package to the successful candidate. Interested and qualified applicants are to respond by November 29, 2019, via email to HR@h-pcas.ca
What Can We Offer Full-Time Employees?
- Competitive Salaries
- 21 days vacation for the first 5 years
- Generous benefit plan and dental coverage plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- OMERS Pension Plan
- Training opportunities
The following outlines are qualifications for our various frontline staff:
Child Protection Worker
The Child Protection social work position provides protective and preventative services to families and children and is responsible for child welfare caseloads including responsibility for assessing family and individual functioning, and the provision of child protection and therapeutic intervention services.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W. or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience. **Continued employment is conditional upon ability to meet the full requirements of the position that include successful completion of the Child Welfare Pathway to Authorization Series and the Authorization Candidacy Examination (ACE) within two attempts**
Children’s Service Worker
The Children’s Service Worker position ensures that clinical intervention and advocacy services are available to children in the care of the Society and may achieve program objectives associated with permanency planning.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W., or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience
To provide direct supervision, directing a team of professional social workers providing services in a child protection setting. This position joins a management team, which emphasizes innovation, sound leadership skills and progressive child welfare practice.
Qualifications: M.S.W. with three years child protection experience, excellent leadership, planning and organization skills, will be computer literate and have knowledge of a variety of management theories and strong time management skills.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
You will be required to provide the following as a condition of employment:
- Criminal Reference Check – request completed personally at your local Police Station; cost reimbursed 100%
- The use of an automobile
- A Valid full “G” Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle are required
- Proof of business use automobile insurance with third party liability coverage of $2,000,000 including accident benefits, collision and comprehensive
- Medical Note from your physician stating that you are medically fit for employment Tuberculin Disease Screening (TB test)
- Copy of most recent relevant education degree/diploma
Please send a cover letter, full resume, including three current professional references to:
Shelly Crovetto – Manager of Human Resources
639 Lorne Avenue E.