Located in the picturesque towns of Goderich, and Stratford, Ontario, we are committed to partnering with communities to provide professional child protection services. We advocate for and protect children’s rights, support and strengthen families and we are leaders for positive change in our community.
Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applicants from African Canadian, Indigenous, people with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply and to self-identify in their cover letter. We are also committed to creating an accessible environment for all. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please see the Contact Information tab for application instructions. The agency is currently recruiting for the following position:
Records Management Clerk – Full-Time (Stratford or Goderich)
Under the supervision of the Senior Legal Counsel, the Records Management Clerk will be responsible for preparing disclosure requests by redacting information, including but not limited to record check, requests from other CAS agencies, requests from clients, former clients, legal representatives, court ordered file disclosures, community partners, and others.
- Prepares disclosure material based on priority, as determined by Agency practice, the supervisor and/or legal counsel and/or by provincial recommendation.
- Ensures information, materials and file information provided to third parties meets accepted and required legal and Agency privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Liaises with workers, managers and legal counsel to obtain information to be disclosed and or/deleted.
- Completes disclosure requests by deadline and arranges for pick-up of material.
- Meets and sits with clients reviewing vetted files.
- Maintains up-to-date system to track disclosure requests and completion.
- Provides staff with deadlines and information about file disclosure requests; and follows up with staff and managers to ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner, as required by CFSA, the Family law Rules and Court directives.
- Maintains necessary information for statistical purposes.
- Prepares files for scanning; upon completion of scanning returns material to the file according to document and file maintenance records of the Agency.
- Completes people searches in CPIN and identifies appropriate person records for use in case.
- Performs general administrative duties, including filing, word processing, faxing, photocopying, answering telephones, binding documents, sorting mail, etc.
- Diploma in Legal Office Administration or Law Clerk and/or 2 years’ experience related to legal disclosures preferred.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a diploma in records management, library science, information management, business administration, office administration, and/or administrative training.
- Understanding of Family Court procedures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and the Child Welfare system in Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate matters in the legal system relating to lawyers, agency staff and members of the public involved in the court system.
- A sound understanding of legal practice and the ability to quickly learn and implement complex sets of policies and procedures relating to his/her duties
- Excellent written communication skills to meet agency recording responsibilities and other administrative requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Pro, CPIN and other agency software and equipment.
Child Protection Worker – Family Services – Full-Time
This position will provide protective and preventive services to families and children. The successful applicant will assume responsibility for child welfare caseloads including responsibility for assessing family and individual functioning, and the provision of child protection and therapeutic intervention services.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree from a recognized university is preferred however, consideration will be given to a BA in a related field with related experience or a CYW diploma with 5 years’ experience. Authorized Child Protection Worker designation preferred.
Salary Range: $55,861 – $80,998
What Can We Offer Full-Time Employees?
- Competitive Salaries
- 21 days vacation for the first 5 years
- Generous benefit plan and dental coverage plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- OMERS Pension Plan
- Training opportunities
The following outlines are qualifications for our various frontline staff:
Child Protection Worker
The Child Protection social work position provides protective and preventative services to families and children and is responsible for child welfare caseloads including responsibility for assessing family and individual functioning, and the provision of child protection and therapeutic intervention services.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W. or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience. **Continued employment is conditional upon ability to meet the full requirements of the position that include successful completion of the Child Welfare Pathway to Authorization Series and the Authorization Candidacy Examination (ACE) within two attempts**
Children’s Service Worker
The Children’s Service Worker position ensures that clinical intervention and advocacy services are available to children in the care of the Society and may achieve program objectives associated with permanency planning.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W., or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience
To provide direct supervision, directing a team of professional social workers providing services in a child protection setting. This position joins a management team, which emphasizes innovation, sound leadership skills and progressive child welfare practice.
Qualifications: M.S.W. with three years child protection experience, excellent leadership, planning and organization skills, will be computer literate and have knowledge of a variety of management theories and strong time management skills.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
You will be required to provide the following as a condition of employment:
- Criminal Reference Check – request completed personally at your local Police Station; cost reimbursed 100%
- The use of an automobile
- A Valid full “G” Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle are required
- Proof of business use automobile insurance with third party liability coverage of $2,000,000 including accident benefits, collision and comprehensive
- Medical Note from your physician stating that you are medically fit for employment Tuberculin Disease Screening (TB test)
- Copy of most recent relevant education degree/diploma
Please send a cover letter, full resume, including three current professional references to:
Kendra Baker – Human Resources Coordinator
Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society
639 Lorne Avenue East, Stratford, Ontario N5A 6S4