Located in the picturesque towns of Goderich, and Stratford, Ontario, we are committed to partnering with communities to provide professional child protection services. We advocate for and protect children’s rights, support and strengthen families and we are leaders for positive change in our community.
Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please see the Contact Information tab for application instructions.
The agency is currently recruiting for the following position:
This contract position is supervised by the HR and Operations Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operation of the Human Resources Department and Payroll. This position is of a highly confidential nature relating to staff and labor relations.
The successful candidate will be responsible to carry out a broad range of human resource functions, including full-cycle recruitment, orientation of new employees, WSIB claims management, coordinating, researching and scheduling employee training and course registration, as well will be responsible to prepare, input and transmit our bi-weekly Ceridian payroll. In addition, the incumbent may be asked to assist with special projects.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package to the successful candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Certificate or diploma in Payroll Administration
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others
- Sound understanding of office procedures and the ability to quickly learn and implement complex procedures
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Interested and qualified applicants are to respond by August 14, 2020
What Can We Offer Full-Time Employees?
- Competitive Salaries
- 21 days vacation for the first 5 years
- Generous benefit plan and dental coverage plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- OMERS Pension Plan
- Training opportunities
The following outlines are qualifications for our various frontline staff:
Child Protection Worker
The Child Protection social work position provides protective and preventative services to families and children and is responsible for child welfare caseloads including responsibility for assessing family and individual functioning, and the provision of child protection and therapeutic intervention services.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W. or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience. **Continued employment is conditional upon ability to meet the full requirements of the position that include successful completion of the Child Welfare Pathway to Authorization Series and the Authorization Candidacy Examination (ACE) within two attempts**
Children’s Service Worker
The Children’s Service Worker position ensures that clinical intervention and advocacy services are available to children in the care of the Society and may achieve program objectives associated with permanency planning.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W., or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience
To provide direct supervision, directing a team of professional social workers providing services in a child protection setting. This position joins a management team, which emphasizes innovation, sound leadership skills and progressive child welfare practice.
Qualifications: M.S.W. with three years child protection experience, excellent leadership, planning and organization skills, will be computer literate and have knowledge of a variety of management theories and strong time management skills.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
You will be required to provide the following as a condition of employment:
- Criminal Reference Check – request completed personally at your local Police Station; cost reimbursed 100%
- The use of an automobile
- A Valid full “G” Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle are required
- Proof of business use automobile insurance with third party liability coverage of $2,000,000 including accident benefits, collision and comprehensive
- Medical Note from your physician stating that you are medically fit for employment Tuberculin Disease Screening (TB test)
- Copy of most recent relevant education degree/diploma
Please send a cover letter, full resume, including three current professional references to:
Shelly Crovetto – Manager of Human Resources
639 Lorne Avenue E.