Staff of Huron Perth Children’s Aid Society are committed to offering excellent child protection services with a community focus.
They enjoy positive supportive working relationships with other community agencies and neighborhood groups, to provide the best possible services to protect children and support families.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please see the Contact Information tab for application instructions.
The Agency is currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Director of Corporate Services
Reporting to the Executive Director, working within the Strategic Planning Team, and partnering with staff members, this senior management position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in financial planning, cost control and financial reporting to the Ministry. The incumbent will work with the Director of Service and lead departments within corporate comprised of financial accounting, clerical, property, procurement, human resources, and information technology.
The Director of Corporate Services will ensure the long and short term operating and capital budgets for the agency and will bring major deviations of actual expenditures from the approved budget to the attention of the Executive Director, as well as, advise and assist management in the application of procedures for the continuous control of costs and expenditures.
- Successful completion of a University degree in business or finance, and a professional accreditation such as CMA or related, and 5 years of related experience in a Child Welfare environment is preferred.
- Effective leadership and ensure that services are provided in an integrated and coordinated manner in accordance with legislative requirements, ministry standards, board policies and the Agency’s system of service practice structure.
- Engaging and motivating so that they are able to lead the corporate team with the strategic direction of the agency.
- Impeccable judgment. Able to make recommendations and exercise decision-making authority in the areas for which they are responsible.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision-making, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, change management design, process and implementation strategies, to optimize quality and cost-effectiveness for delivery of services.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate/mediate, facilitate and present information to a varied audience and to collaborate with agency stakeholders.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package to the successful candidate.
Interested and qualified applicants are to respond by July 1, 2018, via email to HR@h-pcas.ca
Emergency After-Hours Service Workers
This part-time position will represent the agency in child protection matters as they relate to emergency services and associated investigations and assessment. The nature of service provided will be to respond to all contacts as presented and to diffuse crisis as presented outside of regular agency hours and to stabilize events presented until cases can be assumed by regular day staff. Hours of work are from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am following day, Monday through Friday and 4:30 pm Friday through to 8:30 am following Monday, including statutory holidays.
Qualifications: Preference will be given to those with a B.S.W. or M.S.W., along with two (2) years related CAS experience, and completion of the New Worker Training Foundations. Consideration will be given to those applicants with a B.A. in a related discipline and with transferable experience from a CAS.
Remuneration: $1,000 per work week plus 2% in-lieu of benefits, vacation paid at current legislative provision.
What Can We Offer Full-Time Employees?
What Can We Offer Full-Time Employees?
- Competitive Salaries
- 21 days vacation for the first 5 years
- Short-term sick leave and long-term sick benefits
- Extended health care and dental coverage plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- OMERS Pension Plan
- Training opportunities
The following outlines are qualifications for our various frontline staff:
Child Protection Worker
The Child Protection social work position provides protective and preventative services to families and children and is responsible for child welfare caseloads including responsibility for assessing family and individual functioning, and the provision of child protection and therapeutic intervention services.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W. or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience
Children’s Service Worker
The Children’s Service Worker position ensures that clinical intervention and advocacy services are available to children in the care of the Society and may achieve program objectives associated with permanency planning.
Qualifications: B.S.W. or M.S.W., or equivalent, with two years of child protection/counseling experience
To provide direct supervision, directing a team of professional social workers providing services in a child protection setting. This position joins a management team, which emphasizes innovation, sound leadership skills and progressive child welfare practice.
Qualifications: M.S.W. with three years child protection experience, excellent leadership, planning and organization skills, will be computer literate and have knowledge of a variety of management theories and strong time management skills.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
You will be required to provide the following as a condition of employment:
- Criminal Reference Check – request completed personally at your local Police Station; cost reimbursed 100%
- The use of an automobile
- A Valid full “G” Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle are required
- Proof of business use automobile insurance with third party liability coverage of $2,000,000 including accident benefits, collision, comprehensive, and OPCF 6A riderMedical Note from your physician stating that you are medically fit for employment Tuberculin Disease Screening (TB test)
- A current Standard First Aid/CPR certificate is required
Please send a cover letter, full resume, including three current professional references to:
Shelly Crovetto – Manager of Human Resources
639 Lorne Avenue E.