Volunteers are valued members of our team! Each day, volunteers give their time to make a difference in the lives of children, youth, and their families.
Volunteers play an important role in the services Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society provide. Volunteer contributions provide an important link between the agency and the community that we serve.
Why Volunteer with HPCAS?
Volunteers at HPCAS make a difference in the lives of children and youth by:
- helping them to stay connected with their families and additional supports
- supporting learning and the development of important academic and life skills
- providing safety and security when in our care
- building positive experiences and demonstrating the act of caring
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer with HPCAS
If you have questions or are interested in becoming a volunteer with Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 519-271-5290 or 1-800-668-5094 ext. 2341 or email@example.com
After speaking with our Volunteer Coordinator, the following must be completed:
- HPCAS Volunteer Application Package
- Children Protection Information Network Record Check
- Criminal & Vulnerable Sector’s Police Check
- 3 non-familial Reference checks (at least 2 professional)
- Additional signed agreements of understanding pertaining to the volunteer role
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – online training
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, with the exception of drivers who must be a minimum of 21 years old.
This position is the thread of our agency. Driver’s help transport children and youth to access visits, school and appointments. This position is very flexible, and mileage is reimbursed.
The Ignite program is a creative learning program designed to Ignite Curiosity, Ignite Creativity and Ignite Confidence. As a Mentor you will be paired with a child to explore fun weekly activities hosted by the Ignite Program at the agency. Engage together in science experiments, baking, creative art and more!
Provides unique support based on a specific need and volunteer skill set.